Daily news summary
money 2 weeks 2 days ago
- Car loans are usually 3 to 5 year loans.
- When making a choice be sure to look at different parameters of loan apart from interest rate.
Android Central Android 2 weeks 3 days ago
- It's the question so many people will be asking themselves as they eyeball the Galaxy Note 8.
- Just like the Galaxy S8 and S8+, the "Midnight Black" Note 8 is black on black from the screen bezels to the metal surround to the back glass.
- You'd be forgiven for thinking that an "Orchid Grey" Galaxy Note 8 would be the same color as an "Orchid Grey" Galaxy S8 ... but actually, they're different.
- It's still very attractive, for sure, and without being as reflective and outright shiny as the Maple Gold color.
- It actually looks quite similar to the deep blue color offered in the Galaxy Note 5, though with more depth to it.
POLITICO Stories 2 weeks 4 days ago
- This week, the push to roll back Obamaera rules continued—from new businessfriendly guidelines on driverless cars to regulatory rollbacks at the Environmental Protection Bureau and Department of Labor.
- On Tuesday, the Trump administration issued the first update to those guidelines, replacing the 15point safety assessment with 12 “safety elements” that touch on many of the same issues.
- On Wednesday, the Trump administration made its first big statement about Chinese investment when it blocked the acquisition of a U.S.based semiconductor company, Lattice Semiconductor Corporation, by a Chinese venture capital fund.
- Labor Department makes two moves This week, the Department of Labor took two moves, one which actually continued to uphold an Obamaera rule and another that pushed one back.
- Also this week, the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA), within the DOL, delayed a rule regarding workplace examinations of metal and nonmetal mines.
Android Central Android 3 weeks 1 day ago
- What do we want from the Google Pixel 2?
- Here's what we know so far about Google's 2017 Pixel phones.
- Recently those rumors have been corroborated by a report on XDA suggesting the smaller 2017 Pixel would feature 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage.
- Leaked specs for the device from benchmarking sites include a Snapdragon 835 processor and 4GB of RAM, like the HTC Pixel 2.
- That same leak also confirmed that the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL will both be IP68 water resistant.
Android Central Android 3 weeks 2 days ago
- With the Galaxy Note 8 a screenshot becomes even more crucial, with its S Pen giving you all sorts of options for marking it up.
- Here's how to do every kind of screenshot on the Note 8.
- No matter how you initiate your screenshot, after capturing you'll briefly see a set of options at the bottom of the screen, including "scroll capture."
- Just tap "scroll capture" as many times as you want, and as soon as you're done you can share, edit or save the screenshot just like any other.
- If you're inclined to take a screenshot and then get to work on it with your S Pen, you can do just that.
Android Central Android 3 weeks 5 days ago
- You can control your Gear VR vocally by using these commands!
- Gear VR lets you explore great new worlds and games that can bring you across the universe.
- While there are certain things that will require a controller, you can control several simple commands using only your voice.
- There aren't many voice commands, but the ones that are available make a big difference!
- We've got every voice command available from within Gear VR for you here!
money 1 month 10 hours ago
- Typically mutual fund schemes diversify.
- But some schemes’ mandate—or some fund managers’ preference—is to hold a concentrated portfolio.
- Here’s how much percentage of the corpus, schemes hold in their top 10 holdings
FOX News 1 month 6 days ago
- It’s been 307 days since the presidential election, but even still, President Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton haven’t stopped their bickering.
- Here’s a look at the jabs Clinton and Trump have taken at one another since Nov. 8, 2016.
- TRUMP, CLINTON SPAR ON TWITTER AFTER SHE RIPS RUSSIA FOR ELECTION LOSS “Vladimir Putin said today about Hillary and Dems: ‘In my opinion, it is humiliating.
- Clinton, along with other Trump critics, have alleged that the president and his campaign somehow colluded with the Russians to win the election.
- Trump took to Twitter to rail on the alleged double standards for Democrats. “Why aren’t the same standards placed on the Democrats,” Trump tweeted. “Look what Hillary Clinton may have gotten away with.
Android Central Android 1 month 1 week ago
- ARCore is for developers right now, but there are some fun things for us laymen to try out.
- Once you have everything downloaded open your command window and follow the instructions at ARCore to send the APK to your device.
- ArCore GR is the most basic thing you can do with ARCore but it does show the mechanics hiding in the background.
- ARCore Experiments does exactly the same as ARCore GR but with a few added extras.
- One shows a spinning logo that help shows how movement works in ARCore, again it's very basic but at least it moves!
money 1 month 1 week ago
- Mumbai: The rupee on Friday was trading little changed against the US dollar in the opening trade.
- At 9.15am, the rupee was trading at 64.12 a dollar, up 0.01% from its Thursday’s close of 64.13.
- The 10year bond yield was at 6.579% compared to its previous close of 6.59%.
- Malaysian ringgit was up 0.41%, Indonesian rupiah 0.14%, Japanese yen 0.12%, China renminbi 0.07%, Taiwan dollar 0.07% and Singapore dollar rose 0.06%.
- The dollar index, which measures the US currency’s strength against major currencies, was trading at 92.068, down 0.06% from its previous close of 92.124.