Daily news summary
Technology & Internet
Android Central Android 17 hours 32 min ago
- Our friends at Thrifter post some great deals every day, and here are the best ones available right now!
- So, what are the best deals that you should be looking at right now?
- From mobile phones to general tech, home goods and much more, the team at Thrifter is scouring the web every single day to find the best deals.
- Past deals have seen the RainMachine Mini8 go as low as $135, but the next best price available now is at Amazon for $149.
- For even more great deals, and to see these discounts as they become available, be sure to check out our friends at Thrifter now!
Android Central Android 1 week 2 days ago
- Keep your Note 8 well protected with a rugged case!
- The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is here, and as expected it sports a gorgeous (and ginormous) allglass design.
- The next step is finding the right solution, which just might be the mighty rugged Supcase Unicorn Beetle Shield Series case.
- The goto rugged case for many smartphone users, the UAG Plasma is a rugged and lightweight case that's arguably the coolest looking case on this list — although that's always a matter of personal opinion.
- The OtterBox Commuter Series balances its duallayer design while maintaining a fairly compact form for a rugged case.
Android Central Android 1 week 6 days ago
- ARCore is for developers right now, but there are some fun things for us laymen to try out.
- Once you have everything downloaded open your command window and follow the instructions at ARCore to send the APK to your device.
- ArCore GR is the most basic thing you can do with ARCore but it does show the mechanics hiding in the background.
- ARCore Experiments does exactly the same as ARCore GR but with a few added extras.
- One shows a spinning logo that help shows how movement works in ARCore, again it's very basic but at least it moves!
Android Central Android 2 weeks 6 days ago
- Samsung has pushed out an update to Bixby for the Galaxy S8 and Note 8 that allows users to completely disable the functionality completely.
- One of the biggest frustrations with the Bixby button is its placement; the button is right under the volume keys and nearly directly opposite the power buttons.
- The Bixby button is also not mappable to another action; Samsung wants you to use it for Bixby, or not at all.
- It's easy to disable the Bixby button, as long as you have the latest version of Bixby, which as of writing is version 2.0.03.3.
- Now neither the Bixby button nor the Bixby Home screen will work and you can move on with your life, Bixbyfree.
Android Central Android 3 weeks 16 hours ago
- Wireless charging has been around for a few years now, but sadly it hasn't become as widely adopted as we'd like.
- However, many popular phones are beginning to embrace wireless charging, and if that's something you're looking for in your next phone, here's a list of those lucky devices.
- The best wireless charging pads for Galaxy S8 Note: All devices below support Qi charging.
- Devices marked with a * do not offer support for AirFuel or PMA wireless charging.
- While wireless charging may not be as fast as a traditional plug, being able to plop your phone on a wireless charging block/stand/mat while at your desk, eating dinner, or sleeping can make a world of difference to the phone and its user.
Macworld 3 weeks 5 days ago
- Apple’s new AirPower is a wireless charging pad to help clean up the mess of charging cables for your iPhone, Apple Watch, and AirPods.
- AirPower is a wireless charging pad.
- There are several wireless charging pads on the market, but before the iPhone 8 and iPhone X, you had to use a special case with your iPhone in order to use a wireless charging pad.
- Just plop your iPhone on to the AirPower pad, and it starts charging.
- AirPower is designed to work with the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, Apple Watch Series 3, and the new AirPods case.
Android Central Android 3 weeks 6 days ago
- What do we want from the Google Pixel 2?
- Here's what we know so far about Google's 2017 Pixel phones.
- Recently those rumors have been corroborated by a report on XDA suggesting the smaller 2017 Pixel would feature 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage.
- Leaked specs for the device from benchmarking sites include a Snapdragon 835 processor and 4GB of RAM, like the HTC Pixel 2.
- That same leak also confirmed that the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL will both be IP68 water resistant.
Android Central Android 1 month 2 days ago
- There has never been a better time to store your data in the cloud, and cloud security has also never been better.
- Cloud services, however, can be costly or they just don't offer enough storage.
- This is especially prudent in a business scenario where you may have to provide cloud storage to multiple employees.
- Through Android Central Digital Offers, you can get 3TB of highly secure cloud storage data for just $59.99.
- You can get $1,200 worth of cloud storage for only $59.99 at Android Central Digital offers.
Android Central Android 1 month 1 week ago
- What's the best case for the Moto Z? The Moto Z, on its own, is very thin at just under 6 mm.
- Speck's CandyShell cases feel very solid in the hand, and the Grip series adds ribs in all the right places, so you can firmly hold onto your Moto Z at all times.
- Poetic's Affinity cases are fairly simple polycarbonate shells with a neat lined design consisting of a bit of rubber, though it does nothing for protection.
- The Incipio case for the Moto Z is made of two layers to protect your ultrathin phone from ultrahard surfaces.
- Are you using an awesome case with your Moto Z not mentioned here?
Android Central Android 1 month 1 week ago
- More: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 review: An expression of dominance "Galaxy Note" has always been synonymous with "big phone," and that's still very much true today.
- Chances are you've gathered the fact that the Galaxy Note 8 is extremely similar to the Galaxy S8+ released earlier this year.
- So if you have a Galaxy S8+, you shouldn't be considering an upgrade to the Galaxy Note 8.
- But if the idea of a $900+ smartphone makes your eyes water, know that you can save $100200 by getting a Galaxy S8+ or the smallbutcapable Galaxy S8 and still get the core experience that makes the Galaxy Note 8 great.
- More: Where to buy the Galaxy Note 8 The Galaxy Note 8 is offered in four different gorgeous colors: midnight black, orchid grey, maple gold and deep sea blue.