Daily news summary
Technology & Internet
Android Central Android 21 hours 34 min ago
- Our friends at Thrifter post some great deals every day, and here are the best ones available right now!
- So, what are the best deals that you should be looking at right now?
- From mobile phones to general tech, home goods and much more, the team at Thrifter is scouring the web every single day to find the best deals.
- Past deals have seen the RainMachine Mini8 go as low as $135, but the next best price available now is at Amazon for $149.
- For even more great deals, and to see these discounts as they become available, be sure to check out our friends at Thrifter now!
Android Central Android 1 day 1 hour ago
- What do we want from the Google Pixel 2?
- Here's what we know so far about Google's 2017 Pixel phones.
- Recently those rumors have been corroborated by a report on XDA suggesting the smaller 2017 Pixel would feature 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage.
- Leaked specs for the device from benchmarking sites include a Snapdragon 835 processor and 4GB of RAM, like the HTC Pixel 2.
- That same leak also confirmed that the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL will both be IP68 water resistant.
Android Central Android 2 days 19 min ago
- Companies that live online are all about Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Take your site's SEO to the next level with Serpstat!
- Learn more Instead of writing headlines and hoping for the best, proper SEO requires careful planning and analysis.
- Right now, Windows Central Digital Offers has a deal on a lifetime subscription to Serpstat, a cloudbased SEO platform that's exactly the answer to your automation woes.
- Serpstat can give you a list of the best keywords, can compare keywords with the competition, find keyword variations, analyze trends, and figure out what will work best to grow your traffic.
Android Central Android 1 week 2 days ago
- Android TV vs. tvOS! Sandwiched between the new Apple Watch and iPhone announcement, Apple announced the latest version of its streaming box, the Apple TV 4K. It's a big improvement over the current generation of Apple TV boxes — but how does it stack up against the reigning king of Android TV, the NVIDIA Shield TV? Let's take a look!
- But beyond the upgraded processor, how does the Apple TV 4K stack up to the NVIDIA Shield Pro's impressive specs?
- The Shield TV Pro includes two USBA ports on the back that can be used to connect or charge accessories.
- Otherwise, Android TV lets you do more overall with better customization for how you consume your — and there's no better Android TV box than the NVIDIA Shield TV Pro.
- The NVIDIA Shield TV Pro is priced at $299, while the 16GB standard NVIDIA Shield TV box is still a whopping $199.
Macworld 1 week 2 days ago
- You can learn more by taking a look at our favorite High Sierra features listed below.
- Apple makes its operating systems free, so macOS High Sierra is a free upgrade for users who have macOS Sierra installed.
- If you have macOS Sierra (the current macOS version), you can upgrade straight to High Sierra without doing any other software installations.
- Check the Mac App Store on a regular basis to install updates on apps you have bought there. (To do this in the Mac App Store app, click on the Updates tab.
- How do I install macOS High Sierra?
Android Central Android 1 week 3 days ago
- Google's Pixel and Pixel XL are fantastic.
- Here's everything you need to know about the Google Pixel and Pixel XL. With almost a year in the rearview mirror, the original Pixel and Pixel XL are about to hand off the torch to their successors.
- The Pixel 2 and Pixel XL 2 will be announced on October 4!
- They will get the newest version of Android Oreo, expected to be version 8.1, right alongside the new Pixel 2 and Pixel XL 2.
- The new Pixel and Pixel XL are of course not Nexus phones by brand, but they clearly carry on the legacy of the line.
Android Central Android 1 week 3 days ago
- Xiaomi unveiled the Mi Mix 2 at a media event in Beijing, with the phone featuring topoftheline specs coupled with an evocative design that sees minimal bezels at the top.
- The Mi Mix 2 has a 2160 x 1080 FHD+ panel with virtually no borders, with the camera sensor located on the bottom bezel.
- The phone is powered by the 10nm Snapdragon 835, and the standard model offers 6GB of RAM along with storage options of 64GB, 128GB, and 256GB. This time around, Xiaomi is adding global LTE bands, making the Mi Mix 2 compatible with networks around the world.
- The allceramic version of the Mi Mix 2 has dimensions of 150.5 x 74.6 x 7.7mm, and the weight is marginally higher at 187g.
- Would you be interested in picking up the Mi Mix 2?
Android Central Android 1 week 6 days ago
- Be an active part of the Honor/Huawei community and earn some great prizes for your participation!
- Some prizes are really hard to win — ever tried to win one of those arcade claw games? — and others are mercifully easy.
- This year, Huawei and Honor want to make it super easy to win a great set of prizes just for participating in the Android Central community!
- Here's how it works: each month, we're going to select three winners from the Android Central community based on engagement with the Huawei / Honor forums.
- Doesn't matter if it's the Honor 8 or Huawei Mate 9 — if you're active in the community, you're entered to win.
Macworld 2 weeks 6 days ago
- Apple Watch Series 3 has arrived, and it could be the model that finally pushes Apple's wearable into the mainstream.
- Apple Watch Series 2 solved nearly all the problems we had with the original model, with better navigation, builtin GPS, and incredible water resistance. Read our full review here and stay tuned for our review of Apple Watch Series 3.
- Apple Watch Series 3's cellular chip means that you don't need to keep it tethered to your phone just to do basic tasks.
- Apple Watch Series 3 is powered by Apple's new S3 chip, which is 70 percent faster than the S2 chip.
- The Apple Watch uses inductive charging, better known as wireless charging, meaning you don’t have to plug it in to charge.
Macworld 3 weeks 8 hours ago
- In two days, we may all be talking about iPhone X, the presumptive charttopping handset in Apple’s mobile lineup.
- And thanks to firmware leaks, the world may even be privy to iPhone X specs and features.
- The iPhone X is more like a special edition model like the iPhone SE or iPhone C. Hung up on names much?
- The settings the site found are Contour Light, Natural Light, Stage Light, Stage Light Mono, and Studio Light.
- The iPhone X will presumably come with the same Lightning EarPods and 3.5mm dongle in the iPhone 7 box.