Daily news summary
Technology & Internet
Android Central Android 4 hours 47 min ago
- Our friends at Thrifter post some great deals every day, and here are the best ones available right now!
- So, what are the best deals that you should be looking at right now?
- From mobile phones to general tech, home goods and much more, the team at Thrifter is scouring the web every single day to find the best deals.
- Past deals have seen the RainMachine Mini8 go as low as $135, but the next best price available now is at Amazon for $149.
- For even more great deals, and to see these discounts as they become available, be sure to check out our friends at Thrifter now!
Android Central Android 4 days 13 hours ago
- More: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 review: An expression of dominance "Galaxy Note" has always been synonymous with "big phone," and that's still very much true today.
- Chances are you've gathered the fact that the Galaxy Note 8 is extremely similar to the Galaxy S8+ released earlier this year.
- So if you have a Galaxy S8+, you shouldn't be considering an upgrade to the Galaxy Note 8.
- But if the idea of a $900+ smartphone makes your eyes water, know that you can save $100200 by getting a Galaxy S8+ or the smallbutcapable Galaxy S8 and still get the core experience that makes the Galaxy Note 8 great.
- More: Where to buy the Galaxy Note 8 The Galaxy Note 8 is offered in four different gorgeous colors: midnight black, orchid grey, maple gold and deep sea blue.
Android Central Android 6 days 8 hours ago
- ARCore is for developers right now, but there are some fun things for us laymen to try out.
- Once you have everything downloaded open your command window and follow the instructions at ARCore to send the APK to your device.
- ArCore GR is the most basic thing you can do with ARCore but it does show the mechanics hiding in the background.
- ARCore Experiments does exactly the same as ARCore GR but with a few added extras.
- One shows a spinning logo that help shows how movement works in ARCore, again it's very basic but at least it moves!
Android Central Android 1 week 9 hours ago
- The two most important things to have in a fullsize Android tablet are a great screen and software that uses every inch of it.
- That's what makes the Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 the best Android tablet.
- Bottom line: The Galaxy Tab S3 is the best tablet Samsung has ever made, as well as the best Android Tablet you can buy.
- The Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 is an 8inch tablet that would have been the best tablet you can buy last year.
- Like most things, there is no one Android tablet that's right for everyone.
Android Central Android 1 week 1 day ago
- Keeping a closer eye on your children is now simple, safer, and more accurate with a GPS tracker.
- Just have them wear their GPS tracker like a watch, and the rest is up to your watchful eyes.
- Here are a few great options to check out if you're looking for the best GPS trackers for your kids!
- Stylish looking with a simple, modern design, the Tinitell GPS tracker is an innovative new smartband that worked effortlessly with an app from your smartphone.
- Is there a GPS tracker you've been using that you're extremely happy with?
Android Central Android 1 week 3 days ago
- What are the best microSD cards for the Galaxy S8?
- Following in the footsteps of the Galaxy S7, the Galaxy S8 offers support for microSD cards so you can increase the storage of the phone.
- Here are some of the best options to put in your new Galaxy S8, divided into performance and value options.
- Because without a card this fast, the Galaxy S8 can't record 4K video to an external card.
- Do you have a favorite microSD card that isn't listed here?
Android Central Android 1 week 5 days ago
- PlayStation VR addon experiences deliver new content in ways you might not expect.
- There are already plenty of new games available on PlayStation VR, but what you might not expect are the new VR addons to PlayStation 4 games you're already playing.
- There aren't many of these floating around, but we've got the details on each PlayStation 4 addon experience here today.
- Rise of the Tomb Raider is still a brand new game for PlayStation players, and it includes a VR addon.
- Have you tried out any of these addon experiences?
Android Central Android 2 weeks 5 days ago
- Typically when you hear the word endoscopic camera it's being said by a doctor for the purpose of looking inside a patient.
- But these bendable snake cameras can be used for many everyday things beyond medical applications.
- Best of all, you can get your very own waterproof endoscopic camera that records in crisp 1080p for just $33.99 via Android Central Digital Offers!
- Typically, endoscopic cameras like this are sold for $99.99, but you can get yours and save 60%!
- You never know when you may need a versatile endoscopic camera to get you out of a jam.
Android Central Android 3 weeks 5 days ago
- With the quick rise and fall of the Galaxy Note 7, there's a huge number of people out there with a Galaxy Note 5 today who have been dying to get their hands on something fresh.
- Note users, on average, are very likely to want to upgrade to a new Note, not just a new phone.
- And now the time has come, with the Galaxy Note 8.
- The Note 8 will be one of the first phones to get Android 8.0 Oreo, and the Note 5's prospects of getting much more than a few future security patches are slim.
- If you're a Note 5 owner that's still proud to have a Note, buying the Note 8 is a clear decision that you shouldn't hesitate on.
Macworld 3 weeks 6 days ago
- The upcoming iPhone X will use Face ID, technology that unlocks your iPhone X by using infrared and visible light scans to uniquely identify your face.
- Instead of one or more fingerprints, as with Touch ID, Face ID relies on the unique characteristics of your face.
- Will you have to tap a Face ID icon to engage, or can it kick in automatically?
- Third parties will also have access to facial mapping, but not at the level Apple uses for facial recognition.
- You have several options: In several cases, you have to use a passcode (these parameters also apply with Touch ID):