Daily news summaryTop News
FOX News 10 hours 39 min ago
- Russell Westbrookscored 47points, including 20 in the third quarter, but the Houston Rockets eliminated the Oklahoma City Thunder from the playoffs with a 10599victory in Game 5 on Tuesday night.
- Houston advances to face the winner of San Antonio vs.
- Memphis, who were tied 22 entering Tuesday night's Game 5.
- James Harden led the Rockets with 34points despite shooting just 8of 25, including 2of 13on threes.
- He made 15 of 34shots but was just 5 of 18from threepoint range.
FOX News 11 hours 23 min ago
- Tampa Bay pitchers retired 17 straight batters before Chris Davis drew a twoout walk in the ninth.
- But the lefty issued six walks, including three in the pivotal fourth inning when Tampa Bay went up 20.
- Tampa Bay has drawn 14 walks in the first two games of the series.
- Rays: Souza was in the lineup after bruising his right elbow trying to catch a home run during Tuesday's game against the Orioles.
- Rays: Alex Cobb (12, 4.88 ERA) starts for Tampa Bay in the series finale.
Cricket news from 11 hours 49 min ago
- Knight Riders will be without Nathan CoulterNile, who in their previous game bowled Royal Challengers Bangalore out for 49 which is the lowest total in IPL history.
- The 29year old seamer has not travelled with the team to Pune, with captain Gautam Gambhir citing workload management as the reason.
- Overall in the IPL, Sunil Narine smashes spin at a strikerate of 233 but pace at only 126.
- But this season, with his promotion to opener, he has smashed fast bowlers for 93 runs off 53 deliveries.
- So perhaps there is a case for Rising Pune to take pace off the ball and use Imran Tahir or Washington Sundar against him.
Cricket news from 11 hours 51 min ago
- By the time lunch was called, West Indies looked well done even though they removed the openers; Pakistan were 19 away from taking a 10 lead in the threeTest series.
- Misbah was in no mood to experiment, getting his two best bowlers Mohammad Amir and Yasir Shah into the attack straight away.
- Vishaul Singh had just cut a rare poor Amir delivery away for four, but the bowler's comeback was destructive.
- This was the fifth time two Pakistan bowlers had taken six wickets in a Test innings of a Test, and the first since 2002.
- The chase of 32 was one perhaps not even Pakistan could stuff up, but they can't be accused of not trying to make things interesting.
FOX News 11 hours 53 min ago
- Altuve appeared to get hit near his chin by Hernandez's arm, but he walked off the field under his own power.
- Hernandez, called up from the minors before the game, was carted off the field with an injury to his left leg.
- Keuchel (40) gave up solo homers to Austin Jackson in the third and Michael Brantley in the ninth.
- Astros: RHP Lance McCullers allowed three hits and struck out eight in 6 2/3 scoreless innings against the Angels on April 20.
- Indians: RHP Trevor Bauer is 50 with a 1.97 ERA in five career starts against Houston.
Cricket news from 12 hours 25 min ago
- The captain Dane van Niekerk said she was excited by the new additions in the form of Raisibe Ntozakhe and Nadine de Klerk © Cricket Australia/Getty Images Allrounders Raisibe Ntozakhe and Nadine de Klerk have been rewarded for their consistent performances by earning their maiden callups to South Africa's 15member ODI squad for the Quadrangular tournament from May 7 to 21.
- Yolani Fourie, Lara Goodall and Marcia Letsoalo were the three players dropped from the squad that travelled to Sri Lanka for the World Cup qualifiers in February.
- Opener Andrie Steyn and rightarm pacer Masabata Klaas returned to the ODI squad.
- We'll be using this series as our last chance at ironing out any lastminute creases that we might spot ahead of the World Cup," Moreeng said.
- The squad will gather for a pretournament camp in Potchefstroom on May 1, where the tournament begins six days later.
FOX News 12 hours 31 min ago
- Here is the problem with baseball imposing harsher discipline for pitchers who throw at hitters heads: The players do not want stronger penalties and the clubs are not inclined to press the issue, sources said.
- If baseball tried to impose a suspension of say, 20 games on Barnes, the players union would have filed an immediate grievance and almost certainly won a significant reduction in the penalty due to the lack of precedent.
- Instead, the Sox waited two days to throw at the Orioles AllStar, and Barnes fired his pitch dangerously close to Machados head.
- If youre going to protect guys, you do it right away, Pedroia told reporters later.
- But the current process, formal and informal, is not going away until the players and clubs want it to go away.
FOX News 13 hours 1 min ago
- Deshaun Watson is expected to be one of the first quarterbacks taken in this week's NFL Draft, but its anyones guess when his name will be called.
- While making an appearance on PFT Live on Tuesday, Watson said he put himself on a number of teams in Madden and admitted that he liked how he looked in the Arizona Cardinals black uniforms.
- Ive tried on pretty much every team, Watson said.
- Id say Arizona Cardinals uniforms, especially the black ones [look best on me].
- Watson might actually get to wear those uniforms on the field.
Cricket news from 13 hours 16 min ago
- Rana said he decided to change his technique after he discussed Gambhir's suggestions with Mahela Jayawardene and Sachin Tendulkar in the Mumbai Indians camp.
- "As my form dipped and I got out early in a couple of onedayers, Gambhir spoke to me regarding my technique.
- Rana, with 266 runs, is currently the fourthhighest rungetter in this IPL season and one of only two batsmen Moises Henriques being the other to score three fifties.
- "Well, I didn't have a great Ranji season.
- I had a terrible Ranji season and I could have been depressed.
FOX News 13 hours 37 min ago
- Seattle Seahawks running back Eddie Lacy is ready to play the Green Bay Packers in Week 1, and his exteammates are ready to hit him.
- At least, that's the takeaway from this bit of Twitter trash talk on Tuesday.
- We can assume this is playful trash talk, and not just because one guy is named Ha Ha.
- But you know Lacy's ready to prove the Packers wrong for letting him go, and his buddies in Green Bay probablycan relate to theway Everson Griffen feels about Adrian Peterson leaving Minnesota.
- You were never able to touch him in practice."