Daily news summaryTop News
CNN.com Entertainment 1 hour 42 min ago
- San Diego /sn dieo/ is a major city in California, on the coast of the Pacific Ocean in Southern California, approximately 120 miles south of Los Angeles and immediately adjacent to the border with Mexico.
- There aren't many owneroperated homes in San Diego, so you will meet new short term neighbors often.
CNN.com Entertainment 1 hour 42 min ago
- Elton John has canceled his April and May shows at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas after being hospitalized for a serious infection.
- According to Caesar's, the singer spent two days in intensive care before being released on Saturday.
- John is expected to make a full recovery and will return to the stage in Twickenham, England, on June 3.
- "I am so fortunate to have the most incredible and loyal fans and apologize for disappointing them," John said in the statement.
- A staple on the Las Vegas Strip, John's "The Million Dollar Piano" residency at Caesars began in 2011 and features the Grammy winner singing and playing the piano amid special effects and massive LED screens.
CNN.com Entertainment 7 hours 49 min ago
- Don Lemon's interview with Caitlyn Jenner airs on "CNN Tonight" at 10 p.m.
- ET on CNN. Caitlyn Jenner may not like everything US President Donald Trump's administration has done so far especially when it comes to actions affecting transgender Americans like her.
- But she does not regret her decision to vote for Donald Trump, she told CNN's Don Lemon on Tuesday.
- "As far as LGBT issues, yes, he's made some mistakes," she said.
- Jenner reveals what the past two years have been like for her in a new memoir, "The Secrets of My Life." champion for women and LGBT rights.
Reuters: Entertainment News 12 hours 48 min ago
- Cast members (LR) Dave Bautista, Zoe Saldana, Pom Klementieff, Chris Pratt, Kurt Russell, Karen Gillan, director James Gunn and Michael Rooker pose as they attend a premiere of the film 'Guardians of the galaxy, Vol. 2' in London, Britain, April 24, 2017.
- "Guardians Vol. 2," once again written and directed by James Gunn, comes after the surprise blockbuster success of 2014's "Guardians of the Galaxy," which ushered in a new cadre of unlikely heroes into Disneyowned Marvel's expanding film franchise.
- "Having a child in the group just leads to a even bigger sense of a family," said Dave Bautista, who plays Drax.
- After spending much of the first film trying to kill each other, warring sisters Gamora (Zoe Saldana) and Nebula (Karen Gillan) find themselves in close quarters in "Guardians Vol. 2" and faced with their underlying hatred towards their adopted father Thanos.
- Gillan added that the "angry, bitter and twisted" Nebula is more sympathetic in the sequel.
Reuters: Entertainment News 12 hours 59 min ago
- New York real estate scion Robert Durst appears in the Los Angeles Superior Court Airport Branch for a pretrial motions hearing in Los Angeles, California, January 6, 2017 REUTERS/Mark Boster /Los Angeles Times/Pool/File Photo Robert Durst, 74, has pleaded not guilty to the firstdegree murder of his friend Susan Berman in Los Angeles in 2000.
- Prosecutors allege Durst killed Berman because of what she knew about his wife's 1982 disappearance.
- Kathleen Durst told Doyle that her husband "beat her and wanted to kill her," Varian said, reading from a police report he prepared the day he interviewed Doyle.
- Kathleen Durst also told Doyle her husband had a gun and she hid for two hours in Doyle's bathroom because she feared Durst would shoot her, Varian said.
- Durst has denied having anything to do with the disappearance of his wife, whose body was never found.
Reuters: Entertainment News 13 hours 37 min ago
- "Unlocked," out in UK theatres on May 5, sees Bloom play a secret MI5 agent who double crosses a CIA interrogator as she races to stop a biological attack on London after accidentally providing terrorists with information.
- "The world we live in today, this kind of situation could absolutely happen," Bloom told Reuters at the film's premiere on Tuesday.
- Apted, who directed 1999's James Bond film "The World is Not Enough" said the story of "Unlocked" is "getting more and more powerful."
- "I don't think you can play games with it.
- I don't think you can flirt with it or not take it seriously and it's getting more and more frightening as the days and the months go on," he said.
CNN.com Entertainment 15 hours 59 min ago
- The pop star has announced four college scholarships in honor of the oneyear anniversary of her "Lemonade" album.
- Four schools are participating: Berklee College of Music, Howard University, Parsons School of Design and Spelman College.
- Incoming, current and graduate students who are studying creative arts, music, literature or African American studies are eligible to apply.
- Howard University touted the news on Instagram, while Berklee College of Music President Roger Brown called Beyoncé a "strong and inspiring role model" in a statement.
- "Lemonade" won a Peabody Award last week, and Beyoncé took home two Grammys for her work in February.
CNN.com Entertainment 16 hours 42 min ago
- Chat with us in Facebook Messenger.
- Find out what's happening in the world as it unfolds.
CNN.com Entertainment 16 hours 43 min ago
- Soules was driving a 2008 Chevy pickup that collided with a tractor around 8 p.m., according to Sergeant Scott Bright, a spokesman with the Iowa State Patrol.
- Bright confirmed that the individual driving the tractor was killed.
- "Chris left the scene of the collision and was arrested later by the Buchanan County Sheriff's Department," Bright told CNN. Court documents allege that Soules was in possession of "alcoholic beverages/containers."
- The identity of the individual driving the tractor has not been released.
- His lawyer did not immediately return a request for comment from CNN.
CNN.com Entertainment 17 hours 20 min ago
- It was the most downloaded movie from Apple in 2014, and kids everywhere are still singing the movie's anthem, "Let It Go."
- Experts say it is not just because you can find images of the movie's sisters on everything.
- This was something that little kids under 5 aren't going to have nightmares about.
- These are serious issues and themes, and sometimes little kids aren't ready to process and understand these ideas.
- CNN: The song "Let It Go": It's everywhere, and kids can't stop singing it.