Daily news summaryTop News
Jalopnik 13 hours 50 min ago
- RAPHAEL it wails BUY THAT STUPID MOTORCYCLE AND GO BREAK ALL THE BONES IN YOUR FACE. ‘That’ motorcycle is a 1970s Honda XL, with a fourstroke singlecylinder engine and lowlevel offroad suspension.
- A 250 gives you 20 horsepower at 8,000 RPM for 287 pounds with half a tank of gas.
- No, these XLs all have the same simple face, an unblinking eye ahead of a flat, inviting seat.
- I go off jumps, Orlove.
- You like jumps, Orlove.
Jalopnik 14 hours 30 min ago
- Though piracy is far down from its early 2010s peak, Somali pirates did recently seize their first ship since 2012.
- This video “Somali Pirates VS Ship’s Private Security Guards,” currently at 13 and a half million views, seems to show part of a new resurgence in piracy on the high seas.
- So whatever the status of Somali piracy is at the moment, this video has nothing to do with it.
- The reuploaders of this video do not make this clear whatsoever, which is kinda bullshit, as gCaptain chides: So, to the reuploaders of this video, we say shame on you.
- There is always a sleuth who knows more than you think they do.
Jalopnik 15 hours 15 min ago
- Aston Martin just picked up three “super hangars” in Wales from the Ministry of Defense, and to properly break in their new property, the supercar company unleashed 28 of the finest automobiles it has ever built to do some highquality hoonage.
- Prepare your eyes and minds for beauty.
- Aston Martin just picked up some property in St.
- Athan in Wales with intentions to redevelop the land into its second manufacturing facility in the U.K., which isi set to build the DBX crossover.
- What I wouldn’t give to have been in those hangars, if only just to listen to those sweet exhaust notes.
Jalopnik 15 hours 38 min ago
- Deadspin The Saints Have The Right Offense For Adrian Peterson | The Slot Ivanka Trump Got Booed at German Women’s Summit |…
Jalopnik 15 hours 51 min ago
- If you’ll allow me this one time, I’m taking the all but unprecedented step of selecting a Comment of the Day not from the day, but from the previous day.
- When you see what it is, I think you’ll understand.
- I hate this car, and I try to find good in everything, even the meh.
- Let him explain: That may in fact be the worst thing I’ve ever heard.
- I can’t say, but it may in fact be too horrible to make up.
Car Driver Blog 16 hours 22 sec ago
- by Marc Urbano and the Manufacturer
Jalopnik 16 hours 17 min ago
- It has come to the attention of this august body, the Jalopnik Editorial Board—the secondmost respected editorial board of any publication in the world—that the Fiat Chrysler company is releasing an 840 horsepower version of the Dodge Challenger.
- After careful evaluation, this editorial board has decided this is bad.
- The Dodge Challenger SRT Demon is bad.
- Car bad.
- We have but one question to ask: did anyone at Fiat Chrysler consider what would happen if ISIS got its hands on the Dodge Demon?
Truth About Cars 16 hours 51 min ago
- A study looking at average repair costs in 2016 has found that the price of discovering the cause of that dreaded light rose 2.7 percent between last year and 2015.
- That brings the average repair bill for this type of garage visit to $398.
- Average repair bills fell 1.1 percent to $399.
- Going back in CarMD’s data, it’s interesting to see the dropoff in repair bills following the onset of the recession.
- The low point in the past decade occurred in 2011, when average repair costs hit $333.93.
Jalopnik 17 hours 12 min ago
- Now, your gut reaction may be to not like it because the fundamental, romantic appeal of flying cars has always been the incredible independence and freedom of them.
- If we want flying cars to happen, we have to get rid of the concept of just translating personal, private cars into the air.
- This way, we can eliminate any down time for recharging and guarantee every air unit aloft has plenty of power reserve.
- So, those are the basic elements: a passenger pod, air unit, ground unit, and stations, either on rooftops or at ground level.
- We can have flying cars, just not our own.
Car Driver Blog 17 hours 18 min ago
- Which is why this U.K.registered Lamborghini Murciélago is a supremely elegant, and extremely orange, riposte to the fetishization of barely used supercars.
- Continued use means that its record as the highestmileage Lamborghini in the world is unlikely ever to be beaten.
- George started out as a heating engineer and then used cheap credit to buy rental properties in his native Yorkshire.
- George was the first owner to discover the Murciélago’s tendency to snap its camshaft ancillary drive pulley at high mileage—it has happened twice.
- From 10 feet away, George’s Murciélago could pretty much pass for new.